I’ve decided to switch psychiatrists. A couple months ago I had a severe reaction to Lamictal, the medication I was taking for my presumed bipolar disorder. And now that I am nearly healed (still dealing with skin peeling and red blotching), he wants to PUT ME BACK ON IT. Besides risking having a relapse with another potentially fatal rash, he doesn’t listen to me when I bring up any symptoms and dismisses everything that doesn’t “fit” into the diagnosis that he already gave me, which is Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features.
Psychotic I get, I’m like the queen of psychosis. Well, not really…but it feels that way.
So I am going to call the new doctor this Monday since they are accepting new patients. I wrote down all my symptoms because when I’m under pressure I get flustered and forget things easily. I can share some of them with you all, but not all…just because some are personal. Before I begin, in a nutshell I don’t believe that I am bipolar and this has been confirmed by others who are very close to me. There is something else going on here. Is it BPD? Or is it something completely different? Hopefully the doctor will provide me some answers.
- Sign posts are sentient beings out to get me. A couple of times I see them uproot and lean in towards my car, trying to smash the windshield. It’s terrifying.
- I hear the voices of friends and relatives telling me terrible things. Sometimes its voices I don’t recognize. Once I heard a man with an Australian accent narrating my progress at work. It was strange.
- Things can seem odd to me. Colors in my environment can become neon bright, I can feel words stumbling out of my mouth like blocks, and people’s faces look like lava lamps.
- Sometimes I space out so badly I forget how to read, move or speak.
- If I sit/stand to close to someone or touch them they can then read my mind.
That’s all I am going to relay to you guys at the moment. I have my suspicions as to what it MAY be, but I could be way off. Just wish me luck come Monday, hopefully I can make an appointment.
Thanks for reading! Don’t forget to subscribe, hit those like buttons and leave a comment.